As the largest brand in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, Hampton Hotels is the world’s most recognizable midscale hospitality chain with over 1,800 hotels. While the brand has a long and storied history within the hospitality industry, it needed a PR partner who could help differentiate it among competitors and expand its reputation as a leading global brand, particularly with existing and prospective franchisees. Through a media relations campaign targeting hospitality industry media, CVIC increased the brand’s visibility and positive perception among the franchisee community. For broad-based consumer news media, we expanded and promoted the brand’s community relations initiative, Save-A-Landmark, to garner positive publicity that enhanced Hampton Hotels’ reputation as a caring corporate citizen.
- Planned multi-city media tours to give journalists an opportunity to experience Hampton Hotel properties and to engage one-on-one with executives about the brand’s growth and innovation
- Created buzz among franchisees by spearheading a satellite media tour (SMT) featuring Entrepreneur magazine’s editor after the brand earned the No. 1 spot on the publication’s Franchise 500®
- Generated more than 90 million impressions, 5 million of which resulted from the Entrepreneur SMT
- Produced more than a dozen Save-A-Landmark events across the country, including the program’s 50th refurbishment at the Las Vegas Neon Museum, where an Elvis impersonator serenaded Hampton volunteers throughout the workday
- Provided media relations collateral, including fact sheets, photos, press releases and videos for each Save-A-Landmark preservation day, resulting in robust local broadcast, online and print media coverage
- Increased the company’s presence in key trade media with positive coverage in top publications, including HOTELS, Hotel Business, Hotel Managementand Lodging